Re: [opensuse] no wireless in new laptop
On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 00:42:44 +0200,
George from the tribe wrote:

On 06/11/2017 02:23 PM, Sudhir Anand wrote:
On Sunday, 11 June 2017 16:43:42 BST Sudhir Anand wrote:
<snip>
I seem to remember reading about this issue. My recollection is that
there
is a file called firmware-4.bin which should be placed in /lib/firmware
directory. However, the file being searched for is called firmware-5.bin.
This is shown in one of the lines above. The solution was to copy
firmware-4.bin as firmware-5.bin. The wireless then worked.

Looking at the messages above, it is looking for file called firmware-5.bin
in lib/firmware//ath10k/QCA6174/hw3.0. Looking at this directory, the
file is called firmware-4.bin. Copy this file and name it firmware-5.bin.

Let us know if this works. If not, I will try and find the link where this
was discussed.

Regards.

Look at this link.

https://github.com/kvalo/ath10k-firmware/pull/2

Ok, that was great. I followed the link and found the new patched
firmware files, downloaded them, and put them into the firmware
directory, and now I have wifi! Thanks!

Could you open a bug report and explain there?
If something needed for making Leap 42.2 working as is, we should do
in in the package level.

thanks,

Takashi