Re: [opensuse] Simultaneous output to SPDIF and analog
* Mikhail Ramendik <mr@xxxxxxxxxxx> [06-11-17 21:01]:
Hello,

I have an ASRock B75 Pro3-M Motherboard. The motherboard has an
optical SPDIF output connector. I have a fitting cable and an audio
receiver (amplifier). So I have switched the profile in volume
settings > audio volume > configuration to IEC958 and now it works.

However, I would like to be able to use earphones connected to the
computer as well. (I don't currently have the right earphone connector
for the receiver).

I have enabled "add virtual device for simultaneous output on all
local sound cards", but it does not seem to do anything except adding
another volume control for the same IEC958 output. The analog output
is silent.

In the old days (about 10 years ago) I used to fix these things using
alsa configuration, but now it's all pulseaudio. So how do I make
pulseaudio output to analog and IEC958 at the same time here in Leap
42.2?

I have not attempted it, but you might try "yast sound" or install and try
pavucontrol