Re: [opensuse] Re: Playing MP3 without Packman workaround
On 2017-06-11 18:32, Richmond wrote:
"Carlos E. R." <> writes:

AFAIK, mp3 can be played in openSUSE since years using fluendo
(GStreamer), even without packman. For other things, you had to purchase
the appropriate codec, or download the packman equivalent.

How? I tried moc, and vlc. I installed
fluendo. (gstreamer-fluendo-mp3). But I thought that was for streaming
only and might not play a file. I did not try amarok as it has never
worked in the past without packman.

It should work out of the box, but I don't remember trying.

Try with the command line "gst123".

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.