Re: [opensuse] flash plugin compromised
Le 11/06/2017 à 08:28, stakanov a écrit :
In data domenica 11 giugno 2017 08:19:16 CEST, jdd@xxxxxxxxx ha scritto:
Hello,

For some reason I forget, I once installed the flash plugin from:

http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/linux/x86_64/

that seems an official Adobe repository

No, it is not. Official FP download from Adobe would be:

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/download/?installer=FP_25.0_for_Linux_64-bit_(.rpm)_-_NPAPI&stype=6593&standalone=1

well... it's adobe.com... but may be adobe itself was compromised, because the repo do not exist anymore

and then it is http so you do not even know what and from where you
downloaded.

BTW, the use of flashplayer causes eyecancer (irony). If you do not have a
software that you require professionally and / or require for your
professional survival .... get rid of it ASAP. Uninstalled flash player long
time ago and never seriously needed any.

I still have a lot of flv video of my own, not yet converted to mp4...

jdd

--
http://dodin.org