Re: [opensuse] PC fails to resume after suspend sometimes
On 2017-06-09 22:40, Dave Howorth wrote:

On 2017-06-09 19:21, Dave Howorth wrote:
I've downloaded the src rpm from the mirror but I've idea how to now
install it.

As any other rpm - almost. It goes into "/usr/src/packages/". Or you
can look inside with "mc".

I install RPMs using YaST. I don't know how else, and my searches
suggested zypper si but that's what wanted MB of other stuff.

You can simply copy the rpm to some directory without installing it, and
look inside with 'mc'. That's what I meant.

Meanwhile, you have to call it from the command line

The whole point is that the system should power down when I am NOT
there, not when I am!

Ah! That's different.
That is done in "settings Manager"/"Screen Saver"-"advanced". But I do
not see how to change the target, it is not possible.

I've no idea what "settings Manager" is?

XFCE settings manager. Didn't you say you are using XFCE? Well, in
"settings".

Wait. Try "settings Manager"/"Settings Editor". Go to XFCE4-power
manager. On right hand panel there is a string setting for
inactivity-sleep-mode. It is set to "Suspend". Try change it.

Or some other method of controlling the system configuration to set
hybrid-sleep as the target. Does nobody else use this?

I discovered it recently.

Discovered what?

hybrid-sleep.

--