[opensuse] Re: File delete permissions.
Carlos E. R. wrote:
'w' applies to the content of the object it is set on, allowing
write to _that_ object. "Filenames" are 'content" inside a directory
(filenames that point to their own content -- the content of the file).

So, I would have to change the permissions of the directory. I can't do
that. :-(
====
Why is that? (shared?): you might be able to access lists to
accomplish similar, or if you have "root", you could set the immutable bit on
the file (which won't allow you to change the file until you clear the
immutable bit w/root).