Re: [opensuse] tablet as remote display
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2017 20:57:40 +0200
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

We are defining a new system configuration that is meant for road
builders and maintainers. They can monitor the build and repair
quality while it proceeds. These are not trained to use these kinds of
systems. So we want to make it simple. Perhaps a KDE Kiosk (does KDE
still 0do Kiosk?) setup and a simple tablet to do pre-defined things.
So the farm equipment setup would be along the same lines.

I would think so, absolutely.

I didn't get a closer look, I was just intrigued that these heavy
machines were being operated with a tablet. There's plenty of
high-tech in the cockpit too, but tha tablet sort of takes things to
the next level. I can't remember, but I think I also saw a tablet
being operated by the driver of the maize harvester. (all machinery
being paid for by the hour, incl. operators).

Kiosk - I had a project a while back where I wanted to use Kiosk, I just
remember having some problems with it. I forget what project is
was :-(

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (20.4°C)