Re: [opensuse] mdadm raid problem
08.06.2017 00:29, Istvan Gabor пишет:
Hello:

I have this problem in openSUSE 13.2. My mdadm version is:

mdadm --version
mdadm - v3.3.1 - 5th June 2014

I have some degraded RAID1 arrays. Before adding back the failed devices
to the arrays I would like to mount the devices independently and compare
their contents.

For example:

cat /proc/mdstat
Personalities : [raid1]
md11 : active raid1 sdb11[3]
62918468 blocks super 1.0 [2/1] [U_]

md11 array runs with one device: /dev/sdb11, and it (/dev/md11) is mounted.
It's failed counterpart is /dev/sdc11.

I would like to assemble /dev/sdc11 to a new array and mount the new array.
Previously (in openSUSE 12.2, eg.) I could simply do this:

mdadm -A /dev/md101 /dev/sdc11

and it worked without problem, assembled md101 that I could mount.

But in openSUSE 13.2 (mdadm - v3.3.1) it gives error:

mdadm -A /dev/md101 /dev/sdc11
mdadm: Found some drive for an array that is already active: /dev/md/11
mdadm: giving up.

I know it means that running md11 array has the same uuid as the "would be
created" new md101 array and therefore mdadm prevents its assembly.

But how can I then assemble /dev/sdc11 to an independent array?

I tried to assemble the new array with updating the uuid:

# mdadm -A -U uuid /dev/md101 /dev/sdc11
mdadm: Found some drive for an array that is already active: /dev/md/11
mdadm: giving up.

or:

mdadm -A -U uuid -u 4ff5944f:b14c863f:9fddd970:c1ea6abc /dev/md101
/dev/sdc11
mdadm: Found some drive for an array that is already active: /dev/md/11
mdadm: giving up.

(I changed the last 3 digits of the original uuid.)

I do not think it is possible. You can change UUID only doing assembly
and you cannot do assembly for duplicated UUID. You need to stop
original array first.

Even if I could assemble /dev/sdc11 with a new uuid, how can I then
add it back to md11 later?

Just wipe off metadata and add as new empty disk.