Re: [opensuse] mdadm raid problem
On 06/07/2017 04:29 PM, Istvan Gabor wrote:
Hello:

I have this problem in openSUSE 13.2. My mdadm version is:

mdadm --version
mdadm - v3.3.1 - 5th June 2014

I have some degraded RAID1 arrays. Before adding back the failed devices
to the arrays I would like to mount the devices independently and compare
their contents.

What do the following show:

# mdadm -D /dev/md101

# mdadm -E /dev/sd[bc]11

and look at /dev/disk/by-id

It sounds like you are attempting to add a drive back to the array that the
array considers failed. The mdadm commands should show what the array thinks
its drives are and what the drives think their mdadm uuids are. Hard to tell.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.