Re: [opensuse] thunderbird spam filter
On 07/06/17 05:55, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2017-06-07 06:21, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Patrick Shanahan <> [06-07-17 00:11]:

it may be that the server folder name for Spam is incorrect but ??? I
cannot find any reference for a name other than Spam

fetchmail -vv

indeed "Spam" is incorrect as is:
SPAM
Inbox.Spam

anyone with an idea what the proper name is?

I got the proper name for my case from Thunderbird. I use "Spam" and
"Junk". I don't know this moment if there is a command to make fetchmail
list all the folder names, but I don't see such an entry in my log.

I think there may also be "Bulk Mail".

My work-around is to have my yahoo account known to thunderbird. Then I
select their junk folder, and manually run the inbox rule that moves all
mail to a local folder. It's just struck me - maybe I can make that rule
strip off the "junk" status. Hopefully it works better than trying to
strip off the "read" status :-(

(I cannot get thunderbird to both forward a message, and leave the
"unread" status untouched. If it forwards it, it marks it read, and then
I don't notice it :-(

Cheers,
Wol