Re: [opensuse] thunderbird spam filter
On 06/06/17 22:47, Billie Walsh wrote:
On 06/06/2017 04:17 PM, James Knott wrote:
On 06/06/2017 05:01 PM, Billie Walsh wrote:
yahoo mail sucks big time, and their spam filtering is terrible
gmail spam filtering is *very* good
my local spamassassin is better
Yahoo spam filter is awesome if you take the time to work with it.

My ISP also relies on Yahoo for email and I find it's worse that a
decent email app. Previously, I was able to disable their spam filter,
but for the past few months I can't. It often puts my email into the
"Bulk mail" folder, including posts from this list. What's worse, I
can't use my email app to mark it not spam. I have to use a browser to
connect to the mail server and mark it there.

Buncha Yahoos!!! ;-)

Just like Thunderbird you have to teach it what you think is spam.

I took the time to do it and on average only one or two spam messages
get through to my computer a month. So, it does work if you work with it.

THATS NOT MY EXPERIENCE!!!

I tell it something's not spam, and five seconds later it's got the spam
flag set again!

Or do you mean I have to log in to yahoo, and fight their email
interface, and generally do all those things I don't have a clue how to
do because I use thunderbird precisely so I don't *need* to use that
abhomination called web mail!

At the end of the day, as far as I'm concerned, Yahoo gets it exactly
arse about face and I *DON'T WANT* their spam filter switched on - the
only spam that account gets comes from a yahoo corporate account anyway!

JUST TELL ME HOW TO SWITCH THE DAMN THING OFF!

Cheers,
Wol