Re: [opensuse] thunderbird spam filter
* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-06-17 22:05]:

On Wednesday, 2017-06-07 at 01:55 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2017-06-07 01:21, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

no, currently I must go to the web browser and continually change the spam
marking to non-spam, ie the inbox, then fetchmail downloads for me. I
continually correct yahoo's spam filter but it does not learn.

and I have no choice but to correct yahoo's labeling or not receive the
mail. the trouble is not the time I spend, but that I must continue to
spend the time.

Why not download directly from the spam folder instead?

Fetchmail example:

poll SERVER with proto imap timeout 20, and tracepolls
user USERNAME, with password PASSWORD, is LOCALUSER here, and fetchall,
expunge 20, folders Inbox, Spam, Junk

I simply tell it to download all email including Spam and Junk folders,
complete. On Imap. I don't care what my ISP says it is.

ok, have imap working for att.net, ne: yahoo, and added to fetchmailrc,
folders Inbox, Spam

and Inbox works, but:

fetchmail: 2 messages for ptilopteri@xxxxxxx at imap.mail.att.net (folder
Inbox).
fetchmail: reading message
ptilopteri@xxxxxxx@imap.mail.att.am0.yahoodns.net:1 of 2 (4365 header octets)
(229 body octets) flushed
fetchmail: reading message
ptilopteri@xxxxxxx@imap.mail.att.am0.yahoodns.net:2 of 2 (5343 header octets)
(7940 body octets) flushed
fetchmail: mailbox selection failed
fetchmail: client/server synchronization error while fetching from
ptilopteri@xxxxxxx@imap.mail.att.net
fetchmail: Query status=7 (ERROR)

I assume the last fetchmail log line refers to "Spam" folder. The Spam
folder is empty so I don't know that it doesn't work, only that it throws
an error msg.

it may be that the server folder name for Spam is incorrect but ??? I
cannot find any reference for a name other than Spam