Re: [opensuse] thunderbird spam filter
* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-06-17 19:57]:
On 2017-06-07 01:21, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Billie Walsh <bilwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx> [06-06-17 18:57]:
[...]
I download my mail also. The way you teach Yahoo what isand what isn't is
not download continuously for a short time. Go to Yahoo webmail and choose
what you want to see in your Thunderbird inbox and what you don't. In a
short time Yahoo starts sorting it on it's own.

What I see is that you want it to work without putting in the time to make
it work. It doesn't happen that way.

no, currently I must go to the web browser and continually change the spam
marking to non-spam, ie the inbox, then fetchmail downloads for me. I
continually correct yahoo's spam filter but it does not learn.

and I have no choice but to correct yahoo's labeling or not receive the
mail. the trouble is not the time I spend, but that I must continue to
spend the time.

Why not download directly from the spam folder instead?

am attempting now, was configured pop as could not get imap to work with
att.yahoo.com but got it to work now. will have to wait for yahoo to
decide a mail is spam to see it the "folder" option in fetchmail works or
if I have the correct name for the spam folder in yahoo.

tks,