Re: [opensuse] thunderbird spam filter
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 04:04:27 +0200 (CEST)

On 2017-06-07 01:21, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

no, currently I must go to the web browser and continually change the spam
marking to non-spam, ie the inbox, then fetchmail downloads for me. I
continually correct yahoo's spam filter but it does not learn.

and I have no choice but to correct yahoo's labeling or not receive the
mail. the trouble is not the time I spend, but that I must continue to
spend the time.

Why not download directly from the spam folder instead?

Fetchmail example:

poll SERVER with proto imap timeout 20, and tracepolls
user USERNAME, with password PASSWORD, is LOCALUSER here, and fetchall,
expunge 20, folders Inbox, Spam, Junk

I simply tell it to download all email including Spam and Junk folders, complete. On Imap. I don't care what my ISP says it is.

Actually, I give them a bit of an score for my spamassassin.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.