Re: [opensuse] Samba Worm Alert!
On 06/05/2017 02:42 AM, John Andersen wrote:
Doesn't prevent any such thing for me.

It sure did for me, as soon as I enabled

nt pipe support = no

in smb.conf, win10 would no longer browse the shares. It could still see the
server, but all access to the shares was denied. (they are all non-public
shares requiring group membership and user/pass to access). I didn't dissect
the logs to determine if it was a Windows config setting or a setting in my
smb.conf in addition to the `nt pipe support = no` that was the culprit, I
just commented the addition out and updated samba and all was well.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.