Re: [opensuse] Scanning HP officejet Pro 6835
On 05/06/17 08:25, David C. Rankin wrote:
It's been a number of years since I tried, but we had several HP5500C
scanners with auto-document feeders for scanning discovery, etc... At that
time, the 'sane' scanner drivers were the only thing Linux would talk to, so
that was one reason we left a couple of secretarial machines on windoze. Since
then we have gone with a Sharp AR_M355N that does scan-to-pdf from the
document feeder and I just have it scan-to-ftp over the network to our server
and it works without a hitch. (we have put several thousand-page medical
charts together on it and it does just fine. (the 50-sheet feeder limit makes
it a bit of a chore...)

We have a Dell C1765nfw (free with four sets of cartridges, at about £80
a set :-) and that also has what I call "push scanning" - set up a samba
share, point the scanner config at it (http setup, just point your
browser at the unit), and all I do is press the scanner button, select
the folder I want, and scan. The documents automagically appear :-)

Cheers,
Wol