Re: [opensuse] why is samba on my machine?
On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 7:26 AM, Dave Howorth <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm running leap 42.2. I don't use Windows but YaST says that the samba
package along with a bunch of other packages associated with 'samba'
are installed. smbd doesn't appear to be running, and YaST says the
file server pattern is not installed. So why are all these samba
packages present on my machine and is it safe to delete them?

I imagine you have the client packages installed. I don't know which
pattern brings them in.

In tumbleweed, all the patterns got a full review and update recently.

Greg