Re: [opensuse] Scanning HP officejet Pro 6835
On 06/01/2017 03:57 PM, Bob Rea wrote:
So on further research I found this from vuescan
If you're using a newer Linux distribution that's LSB compliant, edit
"/etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev-default.rules", find the line that begins
with "libusb device access" and change 0644 to 0666. (It might be in "/
lib/udev/rules.d")

I cant find the file specified in either of the specified directories

Bob,

It's been a number of years since I tried, but we had several HP5500C
scanners with auto-document feeders for scanning discovery, etc... At that
time, the 'sane' scanner drivers were the only thing Linux would talk to, so
that was one reason we left a couple of secretarial machines on windoze. Since
then we have gone with a Sharp AR_M355N that does scan-to-pdf from the
document feeder and I just have it scan-to-ftp over the network to our server
and it works without a hitch. (we have put several thousand-page medical
charts together on it and it does just fine. (the 50-sheet feeder limit makes
it a bit of a chore...)

Hopefully the new HP drivers will provide an interface, but unless they have
added new capability to do so, then you may find yourself in the same boat on
the scanner side of the multi-function box.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.