[opensuse] KVM with btrfs on a LVM partition
Hi!

I have Leap 42.2 as KVM host with clients also running Leap 42.2
On the host I use LVM and prepare logical partition (create the, format them
and populate them with data).
Then I assign these logical partitions the clients as block devices (on the
host the partition is not mounted any more after assignment).
Using ext4, this setup works well. Using btrfs on the LVM partition works only
for a few days. Then I get corrupted btrfs filesystems (cannot mount any more)
with error like these:
Jun 03 17:33:03 test kernel: BTRFS error (device dm-11): parent transid verify
failed on 205856768 wanted 4412 found 4418
Jun 03 17:33:03 test kernel: BTRFS error (device dm-11): parent transid verify
failed on 205856768 wanted 4412 found 4418
Jun 03 17:33:04 test kernel: BTRFS error (device dm-11): open_ctree failed

S.M.A.R.T. shows no problems.

Anyone else having this problems?

I know that btrfs requires trimming, scrubbing and balancing which is done on
Leap 42.2 as a cronjob.
Might these cronjobs on the host interfere with the partition mounted inside
the client?

best regards

Thomas