Re: [opensuse] i586 TW
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2017 09:22:40 +0200
jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Le 02/06/2017 à 20:16, Per Jessen a écrit :

It is significant. I can run a lot more 32bit processes on a 32bit
oS, than 64bit processes on a 64bit oS on the same hardware.

if so, may be somebody have to sponsor a 32 bit team for tw :-(

Well, yes and no. For virtual hosting, at the level where it matters,
the problem is easily solved with hardware, as I think you also
suggested. FOr me runing thousands of smtpd processes, I think the
better solution is to run a 32-bit postfix on 64bit oS.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (19.2°C)
http://www.cloudsuisse.com/ - your owncloud, hosted in Switzerland.