Re: [opensuse] Is 40 dropped packets out of 300,000 high? This is wired cat5 LAN.
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2017 14:30:38 +0200
Greg Freemyer wrote:

Also, when I'm beating my NIC to death, I'm also hitting USB-3 hard.
I likely pulled down a couple TB of data via SMB and placed it on a
5TB USB-3 drive during the time I lost all those packets.

ie. rsync <SMB host> <USB-3 drive> (or equivalent drag & drop via
dolphin)

It could well be that heavy USB-3 usage is interfering with my NIC?

That sounds like a plausible explanation. You can easily test it by
reducing the max bandwidth on the rsync.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (23.9°C)