Re: [opensuse] Tethering via USB cable no longer working - half solved.
On 2017-06-01 13:17, James Knott wrote:
On 06/01/2017 06:15 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
The problem is that, apparently, NM uses the default ethernet profile
for that connection, and currently in my laptop that profile is set to a
fixed IP and GW, which happens to be quite different from what the phone
gives.

You probably have that profile on DHCP.

Yes, I do. At home I get a "static" IP by configuring the DHCP server
to map the IP address to the MAC.

Well, that's the difference, mine is set to static.

And the USB takes that profile set to static, and fails because the IP
are wrong.

And NM did not offer to create a new profile for the USB tether. I had
to take an old one with an editor and change its UUID.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.