Re: [opensuse] How can I get the external IP on a script?
Ruediger, et al --

...and then Ruediger Meier said...
%
% On Wednesday 31 May 2017, David T-G wrote:
% >
% > I've thought for years about handing my justpickone.net DNS off to
% > someone to not only manage the static records but also just pick up
% > any other locations (home, rental, in-laws, ...) that matter to me
% > and get past my little kludge ... but I keep never getting around to
% > it :-)
%
% You could just add static CNAME records to the existing justpickone.net
% DNS and use any other external dyndns service for dynamic updates, like
%
% myhost.justpickone.net IN CNAME myhost.whatever.dyndns.domain

Hmmm... That's a pretty elegant idea, actually. Thanks! I may tinker
with that.

%
% I'm using Hurricane Electric Free DNS Management, https://dns.he.net/

Good to know :-)