Re: [opensuse] memtest, what's the procedure now?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2016 08:02:40 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-12-05 16:13, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-12-05 15:23, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

echo 'Loading memtest ...'
linux16 /boot/memtest.bin
}
### END /etc/grub.d/20_memtest86+ ###

I don't speak grub2, but that 'linux16' directive sounds weird -
with pxe, I just load 'memtest' with the 'kernel' directive',
nothing special.

Error: cant find command "kernel"

Yes, I didn't mean that they use the same syntax :-)
I don't know how to debug grub, I guess you need a serial console,
minicom etc.

My guess is that memtest is broken.

I tried:

echo 'Loading memtest ...'
linux16 /boot/memtest.bin
sleep 10

And it simply waits 10 seconds with the message "Loading memtest ..."
and goes back to the main menu. As far as I can see, no error message.

I've installed memtest-501 -I'll boot it via pxe later this morning, and
let you know if it works.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (0.6°C)