[opensuse] Re: Dynamic DNS service [OT] - setting it up
On Sat 03 Dec 2016 03:32:49 AM CST, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Invalid domain name; a valid domain name consists of at least two
labels, separated by '.' (period)

•••This is your list of domains defined in the DNS24 database.

You may use both regular and internationalized domain names and top
level domains. When you create new domains, you may use your local
format (dömain.ñame) or enter them directly using the punycode
format (xn--dmain-jua.xn--ame-6ma).

This utterly confuses me. I don't have a domain name! I want to
create one, and it is a single word, not dots, to be the prefix to
“.dyndns24.ch”

you are trying to set up a domain on dns24.ch, not dyndns24.ch. fix
the names and maybe you will have better luck :)

Must be typo on the instructions PDF.

The question still remains, it is asking for two names separated by a
dot. Why? What names?

It doesn't give examples of what it is wanting.

Hi
Your domain, since you don't have one create a fake one temporarily
(carlos.er), then in the admin panel delete it the go to My domains and
delete, then go to My dynDNS and add you hostname eg 'texas'

I use dyndns (since my router supports it) with 30 hostnames, was a few
years back on special for 5 years...

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE Leap 42.1|GNOME 3.16.2|4.1.34-33-default