Re: [opensuse] leap422 - where is my core dump?
  • From: Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2016 09:43:36 +0300

On 2016-12-02 05:02, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
02.12.2016 00:12, Carlos E. R. пишет:

appears same in Tw: 08:11 Crash:~ > cat
/proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern
|/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-coredump %P %u %g %s %t %e
Somebody knows what means those options?
man core

Thanks :-)

%p PID of dumped process %P ??

%P PID of dumped process, as seen in the initial PID namespace
(since Linux 3.12)

So %p is the same as %P? The manual I read does not say.

%p is PID in process namespace. Which may or may not be the same as %P.

Still, I do not see how to control the permissions of the core
files.

Core files created by systemd are expected to be root:root with
permissions 640 and additional ACL to allow process owner to read
them.

Yes, I saw the ACLs later

Why is it not sufficient and how you want to change it?

To allow the user to delete his cores.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Unix permissions that force (each)
program to jump through the hoops to implement what would normally
need a single ACE on corresponding file.

That said, I suppose "coredumpctl delete" patch has some chances to be accepted.

By the way, I had 4 coredumps of several processes in 2 days on my
single 42.2 install. More than I have seen in months on other releases.

Not sure what you try to say with it.