Re: [opensuse] leap422 - where is my core dump?
On 2016-12-01 23:02, Ruediger Meier wrote:

For me systemd coredumps were enabled by default and work as user. So my
users are able to fill the hardisk with cordumps. The user's quota is
ignored because systemd core dumps are owned by root. That's wrong IMO.

Also systemd-coredump should respect the ulimit -c settings (That's what
the %c argument would be used for). So if you have a 50G process
crashing then this core dumper would probably write the whole 50G to
disk. I guess the machine would slow down for hours because by default
it even uses xz compression.

Well, instead you have to set limits in
"/usr/lib/sysctl.d/50-coredump.conf". You can configure the single core
max size in bytes and total size in % of disk size.

The settings I posted on another email.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)