Re: [opensuse] Turn off touch pad in 42.2
On 12/01/2016 10:10 AM, James Knott wrote:
On 11/30/2016 09:31 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2016-11-30 21:46, James Knott wrote:
I have a ThinkPad E520 notebook computer. With earlier versions of
openSUSE, I was able to disable the touch pad with a script in the
.kde4/Autorun directory, which disabled the touch pad. This doesn't
seem to work with 42.2. Even running it manually doesn't work.

How do I turn off the #$%*&#$ touch pad???

The script contained:

!/bin/sh
synclient TouchpadOff=1
synaptics, isn’t it? The package was removed from defaults, but you can
still install it. See:

https://doc.opensuse.org/release-notes/x86_64/openSUSE/Leap/42.2/

That package was already installed. I installed gsynaptics, which is a
graphical interface for it. It shows the touch pad is disabled.
However, it most definitely is not. I have hated touch pads since I
first used one on a Toshiba computer, back in the Windows 95 days. I
refuse to buy a computer without a Trackpoint for that reason.

I have cranked up the Touchpad sensitivity to max and enabled palm
detection. That seems to work. However, there should be some clear
method for disabling that piece of garbage, as there is in Windows. It
would be nice if my computer could switch it off in the hardware config,
as some other models support.