Re: [opensuse] Reliable way to backup hard drive before clean install
Le 17/10/2016 à 16:42, Carlos E. R. a écrit :
On 2016-10-17 15:27, jdd wrote:

but then changing files are probably not usable anyway

Most of them are temporary files used by the desktop and not that
important. All data files are copied as the saved files that exist on
disk. If you worry about a file that is changing at the same time as the
backup is done, then do it twice.

most important is database.

one should backup the database (as text) before any rsync, but who do?

my own database is pretty rarely written (and only by me, most never at the time I do the cron jobbed backup :-), so it's not a problem, but else the database can't be recovered

jdd