Re: [opensuse] System slowdowns
On 2016-10-10 14:02, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 10/10/2016 07:02 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
I like reiserfs a lot, but I limit its
total size. All the reiserfs partitions share the same cpu thread,
reiserfs does not scale well.

Yes that is going to be critical on a heavily multi-user system, each user
having thread sunder a ReiserFS home or having their own ReiserFS partition.

But for a single user where the SYSTEM is on BtrFS or ext4 having a single
operation on a ReiserFS isn't a problem. In may case I have all my
Photography
there, specifically to get around the inode pre-allocation problem of ext4.

I use reiserfs on partitions where I expect many small files. I have
several partitions, and you hit the single thread problem when copying
between two RS partitions.

For photos I use XFS, photos are relatively big, and there is no problem
with inodes: if I remember correctly they are dynamic as well.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >