Re: [opensuse] System slowdowns
On 10/10/2016 07:02 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
I like reiserfs a lot, but I limit its
total size. All the reiserfs partitions share the same cpu thread,
reiserfs does not scale well.

Yes that is going to be critical on a heavily multi-user system, each user
having thread sunder a ReiserFS home or having their own ReiserFS partition.

But for a single user where the SYSTEM is on BtrFS or ext4 having a single
operation on a ReiserFS isn't a problem. In may case I have all my Photography
there, specifically to get around the inode pre-allocation problem of ext4.