Re: [opensuse] This is FOSS. Expect beta
On 2016-10-07 23:06, jdd wrote:
Le 07/10/2016 à 22:40, Carlos E. R. a écrit :

But my point was that on the proprietary camp they never do that,

LOL. Did you ever use Windows?

Yes, sure. Do you know that in Spain almost every body has a pirated
copy? Windows is free! :-P

pay for a "finished" product. And you typically have to pay for the next
version that should have significant changes.

did you ever use one of the "drivers" burn on CD and sold with devices?
oh... it was said to immediately update through the net...

Ah, yes. Those are typically an exception. And when Windows does an
upgrade to another version, many of those drivers fail. You either buy a
new printer or do not upgrade Windows.

But drivers are not "software", strictly speaking in the sense I meant.

Do you simply know who is responsible of Windows Photo editor? Anybody
can talk to the Digikam one at will.

Yes, true. Although there are exceptions.

openSUSE was never a beta (when not said so). It was simply software.
And kde4 was not openSUSE specific and certainly not worst than Windows
8 (for example)

Oh, I don't know about that one.

can one forget the Cathedral & the bazaar, Rlease early, release often?

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Release_early,_release_often

Yes, I read it.

this is FOSS by essence

and TW have much more users than Leap, so this is what users want

jdd

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)