Re: [opensuse] This is FOSS. Its FREE!
Le 08/10/2016 à 10:00, Richard Brown a écrit :

It's available under an annual subscription model, costing $50 a year

https://www.suse.com/shop/desktop#subnav

yes, and it's nice, but gnome only :-(

It was said often than money is not a problem for openSUSE (reasonably), so making an annual payment for openSUSE is neither a solution.

What could be done is marketing material.

For example, I spend some money printing french flyers. Not expensive enough to be worth a reimbursing application, but also not good enough IMHO.

It could certainly be made better with some local organization, but I never had time to manage one. openSUSE lacks what Ubuntu have: local systems. But we are probably too far from the initial subject of the thread and I don't have time right now to start a new one :-(

by the way helping as much as you can (yes, you, the reader :-)) is the best path to take.

Think at how large is the commercial power of the competitors...

jdd