Re: [opensuse] This is FOSS. Expect beta
On 10/07/2016 11:15 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
The difference is that it is not normal that they release to the general
public an unfinished or beta product, which is what has been done here
several times, like with kde4.

While its certainly true that beta things like KDE4 and BTRFS have been
released "experimentally" upon opensuse users, we here on this list have
always known that OpenSuse was a development platform for SLES/SLED under
prior ownership.

Whether this persists with Leap remains to be seen. If I just bought a brand
name, I would be interested in protecting that asset and making sure the kinds
in the yard didn't trash the trash the house again.

We knew we were getting beta. We kind of expected it. We knew we were a testbed.

The innocent linux tourist on the street ended up the victim of this policy and
soon
wanders off elsewhere cursing both Opensuse and KDE4.

This was always done by making these experiments the DEFAULT selection
without so much as a word of warning, and then when that blew up in their
face, insisting nobody forced that choice on the user.