Re: [opensuse] Reliable way to backup hard drive before clean install
On 2016-10-05 14:42, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 10/05/2016 07:41 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Carlos, I think you're getting ridiculous in your defence of that position,
ignoring that modern compress uses CRC which is correctable and is not a mere
checksum, and throwing up irrelevancies that have nothing to do with this
issue.

I deny that gzip uses CRC to correct errors.

All of this is quite irrelevant to you original stated objective of backing
up a
hard drive before a clean install.

targz was mentioned as a possibility, and I contend that no. Simple as that.

Of course I would use other methods. I'm aware of them.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >