Re: [opensuse] System slowdowns
On 10/4/2016 1:22 PM, John Andersen wrote:
On 10/04/2016 12:22 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
There is a toggle in top to show other threads, I think kernel threads.
Wait a minute [...] Yes, I think it is "H".
Man top says:
H :Threads-mode toggle
When this toggle is On, individual threads will be displayed for all
processes in all visible task windows. Otherwise, top displays a summation
of all threads in each
process.

It says nothing about kernel threads, and everything it lists has a pid, so not
a kernel thread.

I don't believe normal userland tools can monitor the kernel CPU usage.

But I do agree that it sound like something in the kernel is probably the
culprit here.

The mouse problems seem worth investigating. Maybe dig in the junk drawer for
a totally
different kind of mouse (serial, bluetooth, usb-wired) and see if that changes
anything.

Thanks John for your suggestion. I tried a different mouse and no joy... Marc....

--
"The Truth is out there" - Spooky