Re: [opensuse] openSUSE LTS
On 2016-10-04 19:49, Felix Miata wrote:
Richard Brown composed on 2016-10-04 16:14 (UTC+0200):

The commitment from openSUSE is that a Leap Minor Release is easy to
upgrade to with minimal changes to expected workflows. Besides that an
openSUSE Leap Minor Release can include significant changes to the
operating system, such as Kernel, GNOME, and systemd upgrades.

openSUSE Leap is an LTS release.

I don't see LTS explicit in Leap's official description. You have not
convinced me that distro shoppers looking for an LTS would consider it
to be so, which is probably where the term counts the most.

That is so. I only consider an LTS if there are updates, but not
upgrades. Like currently Evergreen.

I'm not convinced that the jumps are minor. 70% of the distro content
doesn't come from SLE. What about desktops? As I recall, SLE doesn't
include KDE, it is only gnome.

Then many of us use extra repositories. The admin has to decide what to
do with each repository, one by one. Upgrading is actually an ordeal,
and is somewhat dangerous. Probably lesser than it was, I admit that,
but it has yet to be proven.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)