Re: [opensuse] Reliable way to backup hard drive before clean install
On 2016-10-04 14:03, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Not tar. The problem is gz.

Oh? Well, then use another compressor. xz is good.

I made a review of several compressors, none is good enough. Almost none
have error recovery.

Yes, that is true. Well, floppies were never meant for long-term
storage, although I'm sure I still have some 5" up in the attic.

The original floppies sold in the 80's do last. Those made by the end of
the 90's and later are terrible. Impossible to get one that lasts a
month without an error. A box of ten has some that error out on format.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)