Re: [opensuse] Re: building smartmontools
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2016 11:50:11 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

So the next step is me downloading and building from source version
6.5. If I succeed, then I have to test it, and if it doesn't work,
then I can report. If I don't succeed building, I can do nothing,
because I can't test with the latest release.

That's not a very optimistic attitude :-)

Yes, they taught me to consider the worst case scenario. O:-)

I guess you haven't opened the box to see which kind of USB chip it
has, but you could try with the usual suspects:

Not recently, no. The lettering, as I remember, was ridiculously
small. I have to stop the server to try again. I will need a
microscope.

Sometimes it is useful to identify the chip and then the USB identifiers
can be easily added (if the chip is already supported).

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (12.6°C)