Re: [opensuse] Reliable way to backup hard drive before clean install
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2016 08:14:20 +0200
John Andersen wrote:

On 10/03/2016 11:59 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Reason: a few (or
one) byte error makes the tar unrecoverable.

In reality, Carlos, exactly how many of these have failed for you?

Yes, I have to wonder that too.

I'm probably a newbie here, since I've only been running some form of
Suse since Suse 5.x back in the day when you could send email directly
to Hubert Mantel and get a polite answer back.

In those years, I've had a grand total of ZERO tar.gz archives fail.

Ditto.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (8.8°C)