Re: [opensuse] interesting reading about systemd
On 2016-10-03 22:43, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 10/03/2016 03:09 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Yes, but not quite. I do want the device to be mounted automatically
at boot. Only at boot. I simply want to be sure that if I umount a
partition, any partition (say, /home) to do an fsck on it, it is not
remounted in seconds. I want my manual orders to be obeyed, that's
all.

Now I understand. Yes, that is (afaict) a practice/situation systemd
does not currently cater to.

Yes systemd does cater to that

You can create a unit "fsck-home.service'
The Before: does the unmount. The Exec: does the fsck. The After: remounts.

Its a unit under the control of systems so it can take care of the unmount.

Buff :-(

Alternatively, if you're CLI, then:

systemctl stop home.mount
fsck /dev/HOME
systemctl start home.mount

Which is essentially the guts of the above described unit.

Well, that would work, but it is something new to remember. It is
modified behaviour to what existed for decades.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)