Re: [opensuse] interesting reading about systemd
On 10/03/2016 03:09 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-10-03 17:09, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

If you want different, take the entry out of fstab and write your
own mount file that does what you want.

That's not a solution.

The right solution would be a syntax in fstab telling systemd to
leave that line alone.

I think "noauto" will do that.

Yes, but not quite. I do want the device to be mounted automatically
at boot. Only at boot. I simply want to be sure that if I umount a
partition, any partition (say, /home) to do an fsck on it, it is not
remounted in seconds. I want my manual orders to be obeyed, that's
all.

Now I understand. Yes, that is (afaict) a practice/situation systemd
does not currently cater to.

Yes systemd does cater to that

You can create a unit "fsck-home.service'
The Before: does the unmount. The Exec: does the fsck. The After: remounts.

Its a unit under the control of systems so it can take care of the unmount.

Alternatively, if you're CLI, then:

systemctl stop home.mount
fsck /dev/HOME
systemctl start home.mount

Which is essentially the guts of the above described unit.

If the command mount has to be recoded, so be it. But that is systemd
fault. It has changed behaviours that have been the same for decades.

Well, since maybe the 70s, but yes, in that particular instance systemd
has indeed changed the behaviour we have grown used to. It's like you
started out saying, it's only a little problem, nothing major.