Re: [opensuse] interesting reading about systemd
On 10/03/2016 02:37 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

No, because I want the line to be mounted at boot, and then left alone.

Yes that is the intent of a properly written systemd mount unit.

Yes you want the system stuff left alone.

Yes you (may) want some stuff the appear whenever you log in that need not be
mounted boot. If you see it when you log in then what difference does it make?

And as I've said a couple of times now, having a user specific unit lets the
user control that as he wishes. But you don't want a user buqqering around with
the system devices. (Especially not on a shared multi-seat or multi-login
system). And don't forget, there are services like Apache, BIND and others that
may depend on mounted file systems. Unless, that is, you are a BtrFS-obsessive
and have a 'one disk/filesystem' with no actual mounts except for the RootFS.