Re: [opensuse] What means this disk error? (Possible kernel bug)
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 21:13:05 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-10-03 16:24, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-10-03 15:48, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

/dev/sdb: Unknown USB bridge [0x0c0b:0xb136 (0x108)]

You ought to report that to the smartmontools people,

It is 13.1... no point. :-(

They don't care which openSUSE you're running.

Ok, but it may have been corrected in a newer release which I can't
try,

s/can't/wont/. You could try it, just compile it yourself. It's not a
big deal, Carlos.

and if they add that chipset I will not see it because 13.1 gets
no updates.

Don't be so stubborn. Join the community and report it - future users
might benefit from it even if you refuse to.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.1°C)