Re: [opensuse] Reliable way to backup hard drive before clean install
On 10/03/2016 11:59 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Reason: a few (or
one) byte error makes the tar unrecoverable.

In reality, Carlos, exactly how many of these have failed for you?

I'm probably a newbie here, since I've only been running some form of Suse
since Suse 5.x back in the day when you could send email directly to
Hubert Mantel and get a polite answer back.

In those years, I've had a grand total of ZERO tar.gz archives fail.