Re: [opensuse] interesting reading about systemd
On 2016-10-03 17:09, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

If you want different, take the entry out of fstab and write your own
mount file that does what you want.

That's not a solution.

The right solution would be a syntax in fstab telling systemd to leave
that line alone.

I think "noauto" will do that.

Yes, but not quite. I do want the device to be mounted automatically at
boot. Only at boot. I simply want to be sure that if I umount a
partition, any partition (say, /home) to do an fsck on it, it is not
remounted in seconds. I want my manual orders to be obeyed, that's all.

If the command mount has to be recoded, so be it. But that is systemd
fault. It has changed behaviours that have been the same for decades.

And no, jdd, I'm not saying "remove systemd". That boat sailed away ages
ago, as Richard says. I want it better and not break things. I want no
zealots that say that all systemd does is good, either. I want faults to
be recognized and repaired.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)