Re: [opensuse] interesting reading about systemd
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 20:40:29 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-10-03 16:12, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-10-03 15:22, Anton Aylward wrote:
On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 3:41 PM, Carlos E. R. <> wrote:

If you don't like that, then remove the relevant entry from
/etc/fstab and create your own unit file specific to that disk.

Absolutely not nice, and an argument against systemd.

How can being able to override the system(d) default be seen as an
argument _against_ systemd?

Because systemd modifies the behaviour of mount and fstab that has
been known for decades.

Maybe it does and maybe for good reason - different discussion.
Nonetheless, being able to override what systemd does is surely a Good
Thing and cannot be counted against it.

However, you don't need to remove anything from fstab, you just
create your own local mount in /etc/systemd/system -

systemctl cat mount-point.mount >mount-point.mount

edit mount-point.mount and amend the options

I don't understand what that would do. I simply want to issue my mount
commands, as user, not root, and what I do to stay without getting
systemd altering the reults.

Earlier you neglected to explain to us what it is you want to do. You
know, the crystal ball is out for a service today :-) If you want to
manually do your mounting and unmounting, you add "noauto" to the
appropriate line in fstab. Or you leave it out altogether.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.2°C)