Re: [opensuse] interesting reading about systemd
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 15:25:52 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-10-03 14:58, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

I'm sure that is/was a genuine problem, but allow me to count it as
an
exception to prove the rule. I think it is very far from your
example to your general suggestion that

"... that if there is a problem I can not edit an script and solve
it. I have to wait for the devs to solve and distribute it".

It is an example, I have more. Like this message spamming my log:

<3.4> 2016-09-21 13:59:38 Telcontar systemd 1 - - Cannot add
dependency job for unit udev.service, ignoring: Unit udev.service
failed to load: No such file or directory.

Finally someone found a hack to clear it, but it took months to find.

It appeared just after the last update was applied to 13.1, and of
course, bug reports were ignored, even though they created the
problem.

Right - do you believe you could have fixed such issues in sysvinit by
simply editing a script? I don't think they're very good examples of
problems "that can be solved by editing a script", that's what I mean.

Sure they _are_ problems, but moving to systemd has not made them any
more difficult to solve. IMHO.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (15.5°C)