Re: [opensuse] interesting reading about systemd
  • From: Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 15:54:13 +0300
On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 3:41 PM, Carlos E. R.
<robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can you come up with an example of that, Carlos? I think you're wrong.
systemd has better options than editing the script - a service unit is
easily overridden etc.

Yes, sure.

I had problems with umounting some filesystem and systemd instantly
remounting it on my back. Or the other way round.

This is expected to be mitigated (I hesitate to say "fixed") in
current upstream systemd. But it also demonstrates one of bad design
habits in systemd - doing something implicitly, without making
"something" configurable or even documented.

One that is hard to reproduce: during halt, network was disconnected,
then the process decided to umount an nfs mount. Obviously, it could
not, and got stuck. On the end, I had to hit the power button.

Expressed this way it is hardly systemd related at all. All UNIX
systems I have been working with would come to a hard stop in this
case (depending on exact NFS mount options) including Solaris which is
created by the same company that invented NFS in the first place ...