Re: [opensuse] interesting reading about systemd
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Glenn Holmer
Gesendet: So. 02.10.2016 15:29
An: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx ,
Betreff: Re: [opensuse] interesting reading about systemd

On 10/02/2016 01:35 AM, stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Found on Phoronix and thought to share.

"
target="_blank">https://www.agwa.name/blog/post/how_to_crash_systemd_in_one_tweet

https://medium.com/@davidtstrauss/how-to-throw-a-tantrum-in-one-blog-post-c2ccaa58661d#.8cem83295

Interesting reading thank you. By what is says it confirms partly the criticism
and in part is able to make some points.
What is puzzling me that the post of Ayer is perceived as a
"anti-systemd-fanatic". When I was reading it, I did not see this as a call to
"abandon" systemd, but to limit some tendencies. I see it as interesting
contribution and I am puzzled about not few about the assertions Strauss makes
in his post.
And not the minor this:

"As most, it would justify a call to fork systemd and reverse the umask
default".

WTF, are we now only able through forking to reconsider problems when pointed
out? Maybe it is THIS attitude that calls for abandoning a software, not the
points themselves.
For what I see, the post makes me more worried then not having read it. It
seems as much "religious" and biased as the first.
I will hold in mind that there are justified critiques and points in the first
post and that unfortunately there is a tendency to bash whatever criticism, as
there is as well the tendency to bloat criticism of pitfalls on the other side.
All this is not really a good "clima". YMMV.

---
Die Bundesliga hat begonnen! Alle Tore, alle Ergebnisse, alle News: Pocket Liga
jetzt im https://app.adjust.com/dpynzd oder https://app.adjust.com/dpynzd
herunterladen - kostenlos!